Sunday, July 20, 2008

Square one












I'm very angry...honest


I haven't written here in a good while. This mostly has to do with me 'busying' myself. And what a lot of busying i've been doing.

There is a theory that if you keep yourself busy then things don't get on your mind. It's one of my personal favourites. But today, having protested in London, met a few hundred people i didn't know, been to the Zimbawean embassy, had a 9 hours meeting about the charity and slept for fifteen hours I found myself with the dreaded DAY OFF. dun dun dun.

First i busied myself going in to work and printing necessary things, practising the talk i'm giving, reading things. But i just couldn't do it. I'm too tired. So mostly i ended up sitting still. Sitting still is most definitely bad for you. Listened to some old records - had been reminded of the Throwing Muses so found them again - but still the stillness catches up.

Where do i find myself? Right back at the beginning. Square one. Which, having checked, is definitely, one. Why do things end up this way? There are so many decision to make, none of which i have, so many things that i know are important. I wish square one was two.

No comments: