Saturday, June 09, 2007

This is NOT about Thursday

Let’s talk about Friday, because we all know about Thursday. Besides spending all this time talking about Thursday, you could miss Friday altogether, and that is a very dangerous thing. So I woke up Friday. Well waking up from being awake is probably not possible but I got up at least. Went to see doctors about the business of forensic medicine, booked appointments, sold cakes for the charity. Then it all got a bit strange. As I paced down Oxford Road a good friend bumped out of Oxfam and straight into me. Certainly a surprise and certainly a nice one. We went for a coffee and chatted, about roman emperors, friends, giving blood. The usual. We talked about qualities and shortcomings. He said that he couldn’t understand/stand the people who seem to cherish their inadequacies, the people who refuse to better themselves by refusing to let go of them. And I made the point that quite often our failures are also our strengths dependent on the surrounding situation. I’ll give you an example, a man who will work until he is sick will get the job done, and as well as it can be, at least by him. He is also the man who will neglect his girlfriend/wife/children/health. I suppose the trick is to position yourself in the situations which allow your weaknesses to become your strengths.

After the pleasure of coffee I tootled back to Occupation Health to be vaccinated against various horrible diseases which kill people daily. Drinking and needles in various limbs and I could soon feel myself drifting into the nether regions of my consciousness. Cant remember what I was thinking about but it was something wonky. Next thing I remember theres a nurses voice in my head muttering ‘open your eyes now’. All a bit strange. Then some more meetings, more cakes, and to top it off I drove to Leeds.

In other news, I can’t sleep (I don’t suppose its any blood wonder.)

No comments: